This is a classic tiramisu recipe with a modern twist. To make the tiramisu more fruity and interesting, we replaced cacao powder with an all-natural blueberry powder. The end result is a delicious dessert that your guests will want to lick from the bowl.
We developed this recipe specifically for a nut-allergic friend. His reaction was inexpressible! Tiramisu is usually topped with cacao powder, but unfortunately, most cacao powders may have traces of nuts. This blueberry version of tiramisu is 100% nut-free and safe even for those who are extremely sensitive to tree-nuts or peanuts.
If you are not allergic to nuts, and you love the cacao powder, feel free to mix it with the blueberry powder – together they make a delicious combo!
Wild Blueberry Tiramisu
Preparation time: 30 minutes
Total time: 2 h 30 minutes
240 mL (1 cup) espresso
60 mL (1/4 cup) marsala wine or syrup of preference
5 large eggs
120 mL (1/2 cup) sugar
500 g (17.6 oz) mascarpone
250g (8.8oz ) Savoyard biscuits
100 g (3.5 oz) strawberries, thinly sliced
2 teaspoons Arctic Flavors wild blueberry powder
1 teaspoon Arctic Flavors wild blueberry powder
- Make the espresso and set it aside to cool down.
- Separate the eggs by putting the whites in one big bowl, and the yolks in another big bowl. Whisk the whites until fluffy foam forms.
- Whisk the yolks with sugar, until thick foam forms. Mix mascarpone in the yolk foam.
- Combine the egg white and yolk foams gently, until smooth.
- In a small bowl, combine the espresso and the Marsala wine.
- Place sliced strawberries on the outside of the serving tray. Dip the biscuits in the espresso-Marsala bowl, and place them in the serving tray. Add a layer of foam and blueberry powder. Do 1-2 layers more, alternating between biscuits, foam, and blueberry powder. Finish with a top layer of foam.
- Finish the tiramisu with the toppings: sprinkle the remaining blueberry powder, mint leaves, and sliced strawberries.
- Place in the fridge for a minimum of two hours, preferably overnight.
You may be interested in:
Hope you enjoyed this blueberry tiramisu recipe with blueberry powder! If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to us on our social media channels:
Thanks for reading!