If you’re someone who likes to get down with nature, or you simply take an interest in popular health trends such as berry smoothie mix then there’s a good chance you’ve come across wild berries. And while many people simply think of these fruits as a tasty little snack or something they can spruce up their breakfast with, they actually induce a wide range of health benefits.
In this article, you will learn a little more about some of those benefits and why it makes sense to add some to your berry smoothie mix each morning. I’ll also point you in the right direction of where you can get your hands on some quality wild berry powders.
So, without further ado…
What is Wild Berry Powder?
Wild berry powder is essentially fruit berries that have been freeze-dried and then ground very finely. There are no additional ingredients added, and because it’s freeze-dried it stays fresh for longer. Wild berry powders are available in a range of flavors. However, the most common are blueberry, cranberry, and blackcurrant.
These powders have become quite popular over the past few years as people began to realize that they’re much easier to store and use than fresh fruit. A powder is also more versatile and can be added to pretty much any food in a flash. And in many cases, it even works out cheaper.
The Main Benefits
When it comes to reaping the benefits that wild berry powder has to offer, I’m going to split this into a couple of sections – health and non-health:
- Wild blueberries are high in antioxidants that are especially good for maintaining a healthy heart. They are also an excellent source of vitamins A, C, E, and K. Vitamin A helps to maintain healthy eyesight and to strengthen bones, while Vitamin C is what your body needs to absorb iron, maintain healthy tissue, and ward off colds. Vitamin E is a super-strong antioxidant, and lastly, Vitamin K is a vital part of the blood clotting process. As you can see, these are powerful little fruits. And just a small amount of blueberry powder contains all of this.
- Cranberries are another extremely potent fruit when it comes to the many health benefits it can bring. One of the most powerful properties of these small, red berries is the fact that they can prevent recurring urinary tract infections (UTIs). They’re also full of antioxidants. And again, all of this from just a small dose.
- Blackcurrants were banned in the US for many years as were thought to have been a helper in the spreading of the fungus which killed pine trees. But, this has since been overturned and now more people than ever are enjoying both their taste and health benefits. Blackcurrants can help improve numerous things in the body including the promotion of better blood flow and improved kidney health.
Other benefits specifically relating to Wild Berry Powder
- No time constraints. Unlike some fresh berries, where they are only available at certain times of the year, you can enjoy these powders in your berry smoothie mix all year round. It’s also going to stay fresh for longer.
- Easy storage. No more scrambling around in the fridge trying to make space. With wild berry powders, you simply store at room temperature. And because it’s been freeze-dried it has a shelf life of around 2 years. Much better than the few days you get with fresh berries.
- User-friendly. Don’t get me wrong. There’s nothing particularly hard about using fresh berries in your food or smoothies. But, using wild berry powder is so much easier, faster, and less messy!
How to Make the Perfect Smoothie with Wild Berry Powder
It’s not hard to make the perfect berry smoothie mix using wild berry powders. Simply follow your favorite smoothie recipe and just substitute the fresh berries for a wild berry powder or a combination of them. Just to give you an idea, I’ve listed one of my own all-time favorite recipes.
Blueberry Protein Smoothie
- 2 tablespoons of blueberry powder
- 2 dates
- ½ cup of water, almond, or rice milk
- 1 tbsp protein powder
- A sprinkle of rolled oats for the topping
- Combine all the above-listed ingredients into your blender and mix well, until you have a smooth blend.
- Simply add water or crushed ice to get your preferred consistency.
- Sit back and enjoy it!
Where to Buy Quality Wild Berry Powder
While there are quite a few different places out there in which to buy wild berry powder, not all of them are reputable sources. Don’t go for the cheapest options you find on the likes of Amazon, eBay, or even the local health store, as some of these brands add extra ingredients to bulk up the powder and so you’re not getting the quality you think.
One place you’re sure to be safe in getting your wild berry powders from is right here at Arctic Flavors. Our mission is to provide our customers with great quality products that we source from local and sustainable communities and made using 100% natural ingredients.
Arctic Flavors work very closely with the local people who regularly source the berries from some of the most beautiful, clean Finnish forests. Unbeknown to many, different variations of wild berries are quite distinct from one another, particularly when compared by country. And those of the Finnish variety are the most flavorsome.
From our love of berries, came the urge to create something more sustainable, and that would go a lot further than just the odd berry or two. And upon closer scrutiny of some of our competitors’ mixes, we soon realized we could do a much better job. You can get a good range of wild berry powders including blueberry, cranberry, and lingonberry right here in our online shop.
A Final Word
Wild berry powders are a great way to get a healthy intake of fruit. They’re inexpensive, easy to store and add a great amount of flavor to pretty much anything.
You may be interested in:
Wild Fibers Duo€25.00
Wild Vitamins Trio€36.50
Super Antioxidant Trio€36.50
Blackcurrant Powder 50g€13.50
Wild Cranberry Powder 50g€13.50
Wild Blueberry Powder (Bilberry) 30-50g€8.95 – €13.50
Wild Sea Buckthorn Powder 50g€13.50
Wild Lingonberry Powder 50g€13.50
If you have any questions or comments, please reach out to us on our social media channels:
Thanks for reading!